Our client Solid Solutions engaged us to develop a cloud based custom Digital Asset Management (DAM) system for them. As the UK's leading reseller and training provider for the 3D CAD system SolidWorks, they are constantly producing a great deal of digital media to support their clients and demonstrate the software's capabilities for across numerous industries.
What is Digital Asset Management?
Digital Asset Management (DAM) is a solution which allows companies to store, organise, find, retrieve and share digital content. Quick to deploy and easy-to-use, a centralised digital library provides peers, employees, clients, contractors and any other stakeholders controlled access to digital assets—including images, photos, creative files, video, audio, presentations, documents and more.
The Cloud Based DAM Solution
We have hosted and developed numerous business systems to support the client since 2007 and seen the company grow to have a turnover grow at a breakneck speed to have over 15,000 customers and a turnover of £45m+.
We started by ascertaining the end goal and then created a system architecture to be able to achieve this. The client required numerous ways to be able to tag, rate and categorise the assets in the system so that they could quickly build up groups of assets which could then be utilised by the support and marketing teams.
As we already hosted and managed a great number of images, PDF's and videos, we were able to quickly harvest all of these assets into the system and formulate a way to automatically tag and categorise them. This saved the company many days of man hours and meant they started immediately with an already powerful system.
A screenshot of the system in action is shown below:
Key Benefits of the DAM Solution
The system manages but is not restricted to:
- PDFs - These are automatically read into the system so that the entire text is searchable.
- Images,Photos and Creative Media - Metadata including keywords are automatically read, dimensions are extracted and keywords from the filename area also utilised to help the search tool.
- Videos - These are read in, the duration and resolution of the video are extracted, and the text from any caption files which are linked is read and indexed.
One of the huge benefits of cloud-based DAM include easy implementation, quick adoption, an intuitive user experience, and security. Fast custom implementation frees up your resources and allows you to get up and running right away.
- Access and share your files anytime, anywhere.
- Simple and intuitive interface.
- Find digital assets fast.
- Create and collaborate content quickly from one place.
- Bulk drag and drop assets for rapid deployment.
For any enquiries on how a Digital Asset Management system can benefit you and how we can help build the solution which is customised to your needs, call the Zarr office on 01788 820900.